As a Junior Product Development Engineer you are involved in developing new or improving existing paint formulations on a daily basis. You provide prototypes of paint formulations that meet predefined requirements and the available raw materials. Together with the team leader, you make several designs for experimental design and carry them out independently.
You analyze the properties of the developed products and translate these into new experimental designs and ultimately a good product for the customer. You might also participate in small project teams with other functions inside and outside the company.
Since 1898 Anker Stuy has been making paint special with passion. Developed and produced in the Netherlands with an eye for sustainability & innovation. We sell our products in the Netherlands, United Kingdom and various other countries. Our customers are mainly companies that manufactures wood products such as windows, doors, frames, stairs, cladding and carpentry for interiors. We also supply products for painting and maintenance companies.
Innovation plays a major role in the growth that Anker Stuy wants to experience in the coming years. This involves developing new products for our current and future customers, as well as improving production processes. We look further than just the paint. Application and the interaction with the substrate are just as important. That is why we innovate together with our suppliers, customers and other external parties as universities and knowledge centres.
We make innovation special by implementing innovations that contribute to product improvements. In doing so, we look at the environmental impact, the functionality and the lifespan of the coating. Our focus is on supplying industrial coatings for the wood industry. In this way, together with our customers, we contribute to a more sustainable future in which wood plays a major role as a biobased and circular material.
Who are you?
You are an independent pioneer who doesn’t wait for a question or task to come to him/her. As a self-managing colleague you see the work yourself and based on your experience you can handle the freedom that this job offers. Your pragmatic and studious attitude ensure that you can get started quickly. You are creative and technically driven.
In order to ensure a good match, your CV will in any case show that:
- You have at least a bachelor degree in a technical direction with basic knowledge of physical and polymer chemistry;
- You have knowledge of paint technology or you’re able to master this within a reasonable period of time. We offer appropriate training for this;
- You are able to work with experimental design software or willing to learn that;
- You are able to translate written information from work instructions and application requests into the execution of your own work;
- You are analytical, can work well together and are quality and organization conscious;
- Excellent communication and reporting skills in both English and Dutch or the willingness to learn Dutch.
What we offer you
Working in an innovative and sustainable family business. A challenging and broad position with freedom to take initiatives, independence within the position and short lines of communication, where you work with an enthusiastic and professional team. We also offer you:
- A salary appropriate to the area of work, your education and experience in accordance with the collective labor agreement paint and printing ink industry;
- A job for 28 to 40 hours a week;
- 36,5 days paid holidays and further fringe benefits
- Possibility to develop yourself further by cooperation with experienced colleagues and external parties as well as appropriate training.
- As an Anker Stuy colleague you end up in a warm family business where you are given plenty of space to make a difference.
- Possibility to live and work in the attractive northern part of the Netherlands with more affordable housing options in either rural or urban environment . Anker Stuy is located on commuting distance to cities like Groningen, Zwolle, Heerenveen and Leeuwarden.
Are you the Junior Development Engineer we are looking for? Send your CV to Myrthe Lukje on HR1@ankerstuy.nl.
Would you like more information, or do you have any questions? Then go to our website www.ankerstuy.nl or contact Myrthe Lukje (06-11950576).