As a Senior Product Development Engineer you play an important role in innovation by ensuring the correct and innovative execution of research and product developments with your team. In your role you are the first point of contact and you provide functional leadership to the development team (3 FTE). You guide the junior engineers and technician in the design and analysis of product developments and you draw up work instructions.
In your role as a senior, you are part of the technical heart of our organization and report to the technical manager. You manage and improve the setting up of experiments and ensure that developments and decisions are recorded in an accessible and understandable manner. You follow up the progress of projects and provide relevant information. In any case, you are someone who seeks connection within the organization and ensures the right coordination.
From your professional knowledge and enthusiasm, you make a positive contribution to the working atmosphere, you look after the personnel aspects and you monitor the defined frameworks within the organization.
Since 1898 Anker Stuy has been making paint special with passion. Developed and produced in the Netherlands with an eye for sustainability & innovation. We sell our products in the Netherlands, United Kingdom and various other countries. Our customers are mainly companies that manufactures wood products such as windows, doors, frames, stairs, cladding and carpentry for interiors. We also supply products for painting and maintenance companies.
Innovation plays a major role in the growth that Anker Stuy wants to experience in the coming years. This involves developing new products for our current and future customers, as well as improving production processes. We look further than just the paint. Application and the interaction with the substrate are just as important. That is why we innovate together with our suppliers, customers and other external parties as universities and knowledge centres.
We make innovation special by implementing innovations that contribute to product improvements. In doing so, we look at the environmental impact, the functionality and the lifespan of the coating. Our focus is on supplying industrial coatings for the wood industry. In this way, together with our customers, we contribute to a more sustainable future in which wood plays a major role as a biobased and circular material.
Who are you?
You are an independent pioneer who doesn’t wait for a question or task to come to him/her. In your role, you apply a steady course and based on your experience you can handle the freedom that this job offers. Your pragmatic and studious attitude ensure that you can get started quickly. You are creative and technically driven.
In order to ensure a good match, your CV will in any case show that:
- You have a bachelor or master’s degree in a technical direction with advanced knowledge of physical and polymer chemistry;
- You have at least 5 years of working experience in the product development of water-based coatings, this may have been at a paint producer or raw material supplier. Knowledge of coatings for wood is not a must, but a great advantage;
- You are analytical, can work well together and are quality and organization conscious;
- Excellent communication and reporting skills in both English and Dutch or the willingness to learn Dutch.
What we offer you
Working in an innovative and sustainable family business. A challenging and broad position with freedom to take initiatives, independence within the position and short lines of communication, where you work with an enthusiastic and professional team.
We also offer you:
- A salary appropriate to the area of work, your education and experience;
- A job for 28 to 40 hours a week;
- 40,5 days paid holidays and further fringe benefits
- Possibility to develop yourself further by cooperation with experienced colleagues and external parties as well as appropriate training;
- As an Anker Stuy colleague you end up in a warm family business where you are given plenty of space to make a difference;
- Possibility to live and work in the attractive northern part of the Netherlands with more affordable housing options in either rural or urban environment . Anker Stuy is located on commuting distance to cities like Groningen, Zwolle, Heerenveen and Leeuwarden.
Are you the Senior Product Development Engineer we are looking for? Send your CV to Myrthe Lukje on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like more information, or do you have any questions? Then check the rest of ankerstuy.nl or contact Myrthe Lukje (06 11 95 05 76).